4/16/2018 12:13:50 PM
|written By : Team India Se|
Two people in Singapore were infected by a listeria bacteria strain similar to that found in a patient in a deadly outbreak in Australia this year, Singapore’s Ministry of Health said on April 16.
One patient has recovered while the other died for reasons not due to the listeria infection, the ministry said.
In March, Australian authorities confirmed that four people had died after consuming rockmelon contaminated with listeria. Singapore's Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority then recalled all rockmelons from Australia as a "precautionary measure".